Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

How do you say it

We spent the day doing Peyton things.  The hotel has an indoor pool so we swam a little.  She also wanted to get outside and explore Philly.  We walked to Washington Park where the tomb of the unknown soldier is laid.  Thought we would make the extra few blocks to the Liberty Bell, but Peyton was done with all the walking. 

We made it to one of her favorite eating places, Cosi.  She downed a banana parfait, a banana, and fruit cup.  Tried to get a peanut butter and jelly in her, but no luck.  Maybe tonight there will be another swimming session.  Who knows.  It is Peyton's day. 

As I sit here in the hotel.  My thoughts keep drifting to how in the world I will ever find the words to explain to Peyton what is happening tomorrow.  She knows that she is having surgery again tomorrow, but HOW do I tell her.

I sit here and mourn her beautiful blue eye.  The ONE I gave her.  The special Gilllaspie Blue that changes the color of blue based on what color she is wearing.  I know in my heart that this means that CANCER is completely gone.  Her journey to recovery will be smoother.  All the trips to Philly will come less often.  But her beautiful Blue Gillaspie eye. 

What are the words?  How do I ever begin to explain?  I know that God will give me the strenght.  He will give me the words.  I just keep thinking How can I be the strong one?  She needs me more than ever to be. 

The words that have not come yet without tears. 

Peyton's Surgery is scheduled for 10:15 tomorrow.  It should take a little over an hour.  I will keep the blog updated as time allows. 

Please continue to pray for my sweet angel.  Her new story is just beginning.

With a worry heart and a racing mind,

Ang

3 comments:

  1. Oh Angie
    I cannot imagine what you are going through. I pray that God gives you strength and the right words to say. He will be watching over her and keeping her safe.
    Kim (Young)Heilman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your in my prayers. I wish you strength and hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear one, keep your eyes on the prize...a lovely, healthy, young lady. Such is my prayer for you. We appreciate your posts and will watch them carefully today as your day unfolds. Be strong in His power. We love you all! Marlin & Jan

    ReplyDelete