Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Peyton made it

Peyton's surgery went great.  Dr. Shields said the tissue and socket looked great.  It is a 6 week recovery.  Then we meet with Dr. Varenhorst at home and find a ocularist to paint Peyton a beautiful new eye.

As I type this, Peyton is sleeping off the Morphine.  Every once in a while she pops up with a witty remark about a conversation Grandma and I are having.    This girl never misses a beat.

We are headed home tomorrow on the 6 am flight.  We should be home in time to have lunch in Wichita. 

I am in a much more settled state.  I can now say the Peyton is truly CANCER FREE!  I know that in the coming days there made be some very hard questions.  I may have some of my own, but I am in a peaceful place.  I can tell Peyton that we all fought for her beautiful eye, but God has a bigger plan for her.

Please continue your prayers for sweet little P.  She is braver and wiser than any 5 year should ever have to be, but all of your thoughts and prayers will continue to guide her.

Love to all of my great prayer warriors.  I could not have done this without all of you.


Ang

1 comment:

  1. She gets her toughness from you! I love both of you so much. Cannot wait to squeeze both of you!

    ReplyDelete